PADI Tec Sidemount Diver
The Tec Sidemount Diver course is a great way to get started into technical diving because the skills you learn in this course will train you to handle multiple cylinders. You can combine what you learn in this course with other open-circuit tec courses that you take or certifications you've already earned.
The course is conducted over one day of theory followed by a confined water session to practice the new skills Two days will be spent doing 3 training dives in Open Water
Tec Sidemount offers the same benefits as the PADI Sidemount Diver course but gives you the opportunity to dive with 2 cylinders for extended dive times.
You will learn how to:
- Don and doff sidemount cylinders whilst in the water.
- Conduct a buoyancy check at the surface.
- Donor and receiver to an out of air diver.
- Switch regulators to keep gas balanced in independent cylinders.
- Neutral buoyancy swimming using various finning techniques.
- Valve shutdowns exercise combined with gas switches (safety drill).
- Twin partial cylinder removal and swim neutrally buoyant.
- Neutral swim with one cylinder removed (hand-held).
- Simulate a regulator free flow and breathe from the regulator using (valve fluttering).
- Maintain the correct trim of the sidemount cylinders (especially when buoyant).
- Sidemount bungee failure, replace with a spare.
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization Logged 30 dives minimum Be at least 18 years old PADI Enriched Air Diver is recommended for the course
The following equipment will be supplied as part of the course:
- Sidemount System
- 2 x Hollis SM Regulator System
- 2 x Ali 80 SM Cylinders
- Air or Nitrox Fills
You will need to bring the following equipment on the course:
- Mask, Fins & Suitable Exposure Protection (snorkel optional)
- Sidemount Harness & BCD (approved by the instructor prior to the course)
- Dive Tables, Depth Guage & Dive Timer (or Dive Computer)
- Divers Tool or Knife
- Slate with Pencil
- Two Surface Signaling Devices (whistle & SMB or signal mirror)
- Reel & SMB (if required by local regulations)
- Multi Pouch Or Pocket
- Redundancy Equipment (spare bungee, double-ended bolt snap, cable ties, and mouthpiece)
All of the above can be hired if required