Who this course is for:
- Persons desiring to obtain a Scuba Diving certification
- Persons interested in underwater exploration
How long does it take?
- Obtain certification in 3 days (performance-based) including 4 open water dives
- Minimum age 18, 15 with parental consent
- Before any in-water, you will complete a pre-dive medical form at our centre. Please check the Medical Form to see if you are fit to dive.
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Open Water Scuba Diver Course will cover all of the necessary skills and knowledge for open water scuba diving, including:
- The aquatic environment: vision, light, sound, heat loss, tides, currents, waves, surge, etc.
- Physics and physiology: buoyancy, pressure, air spaces, breathing compressed air, mixed gases, etc.
- Dive equipment selection, assembly, use and maintenance
- Dive planning
- Basic scuba skills including mask and regulator skills, swimming underwater, buoyancy control, basic rescue techniques, and emergency procedures
- And much more!
Complete the eLearning where ever it suits you best - on the beach or on the sofa
Complete the confined pool dives in our sheltered bay to master the skills
Put your new found skills to the test on 4 open water dives to become a fully qualified diver
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of the SDI Open Water Scuba Diver course, graduates may:
- Conduct open water dives in conditions similar to their training, to a max depth of 18m
- Continue their dive education by enrolling in SDI Advanced Diver and Specialty courses
SDI Open Water Scuba Diver minimum requirements:
- Demonstrate mature and sound judgment concerning dive planning and execution
- Complete the online learning course
- Complete all open water requirements safely and efficiently
Book Now to become an SDI Open Water Scuba Diver!