PADI Deep Diver
Cost:€160,00 per person
About this experience
PADI Deep Diver Specialty
At some point, most divers have an urge to dive deep. As scuba divers may want to go deeper then they've ever gone to explore a wreck, take photos, or simply to see what's there.
There are greater potential hazards that come with diving deeper and learning to recognize and deal with these risks is part of what you learn in the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course. Deep diving also means different things to different scuba divers.
For some, it is any dive deeper than 18 metres and for others, it is any dive deeper than what they've done in the past. Whatever the definition, deep dives require planning and discipline in order to enjoy a safe deep dive.
Here are some general tips and suggestions:
- Check your air and depth gauges more often than on shallower dives. You use your air from your scuba tank much faster at depth and you want to make sure that you don't exceed your planned depth limit.
- Watch yourself and your buddy for any signs of nitrogen narcosis.
- Consider buying or renting a dive computer to help you stay within the dive's limits. Owning a PADI ERDP-ML is also helpful.
- You may want to complete the PADI Multilevel Diver Specialty course.
- Be aware of your limits. Build your experience gradually
- Use a dive light to add light and to bring out the true colours absorbed by water at depth.
- Consider hanging a spare scuba tank at 5 metres/15 feet to provide extra air during a safety stop or emergency decompression.
What do I need to start?
Be a minimum of PADI Adventure Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
Minimum age: 15 years old
What will I do?
You'll learn deep dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques, and hazards. You'll also put this knowledge to the test as you go on four open water dives that range from 18 - 39.5 meters.
This course consists of four open water dives. (No more than 3 dives to be completed in any one day).
How long will it take?
4 dives over two days
If you're thinking of coming to Malta, have any questions, or just want to chat - please get in touch using our details below.
T +356 2134 0511