PADI Deep Diver
Regular price €245,00
Unit price per
PADI DEEP DIVER SPECIALTY
At some point, most divers have an urge to dive deep. As scuba divers may want to go deeper then they've ever gone to explore a wreck, take photos, or simply to see what's there.
There are greater potential hazards that come with diving deeper and learning to recognize and deal with these risks is part of what you learn in the PADI Deep Diver Specialty course. Deep diving also means different things to different scuba divers.
For some, it is any dive deeper than 18 metres and for others, it is any dive deeper than what they've done in the past. Whatever the definition, deep dives require planning and discipline in order to enjoy a safe deep dive.
Here are some general tips and suggestions:
- Check your air and depth gauges more often than on shallower dives. You use your air from your scuba tank much faster at depth and you want to make sure that you don't exceed your planned depth limit.
- Watch yourself and your buddy for any signs of nitrogen narcosis.
- Consider buying or renting a dive computer to help you stay within the dive's limits. Owning a PADI ERDP-ML is also helpful.
- You may want to complete the PADI Multilevel Diver Specialty course.
- Be aware of your limits. Build your experience gradually
- Use a dive light to add light and to bring out the true colours absorbed by water at depth.
- Consider hanging a spare scuba tank at 5 metres/15 feet to provide extra air during a safety stop or emergency decompression.
What do I need to start?
Be a minimum of PADI Adventure Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization)
Minimum age: 15 years old
Before any in-water, you will complete a pre-dive medical form at our centre. Please check the Medical Form to see if you are fit to dive.
What will I do?
You'll learn deep dive planning, organization, procedures, techniques, and hazards. You'll also put this knowledge to the test as you go on four open water dives that range from 18 - 40 meters.
This course consists of four open water dives. (No more than 3 dives to be completed in any one day).
How long will it take?
4 dives over two days
BOOK TO SECURE YOUR SPACE:
If you are planning your PADI Deep course in advance, you will need to pay a €100 deposit, which secures your place on the course, and allows us to issue your eLearning (please note that we will also need your date of birth before this can be issued). If this is what you want to do click the PAY DEPOSIT button now.
PAYING YOUR BALANCE:
If you have already paid your deposit prior to arriving at NDS then you need to pay the remaining course balance. You can do this now by clicking the PAY BALANCE button and we can take you diving.