PADI TEC 40
To venture outside the world of recreational diving requires training and equipment beyond the scope of that learned in recreational scuba diving courses. The PADI Tec Deep program is split into five courses which lead you from entry level technical diving through to a no depth limits trimix certification.
The level of certification you wish to obtain is governed solely by your requirements. The Tec 40 course introduces recreational divers to the equipment and procedures needed to dive to 40 meters with up to 10 minutes of decompression and the use of up to 50 per cent nitrox for conservative decompression.
The course consists of self-study followed by four open water dives spread over four days.
To enrol in the PADI Tec 40 you need to:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Be certified as a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or provide a qualifying certification from another training organization. For this course, a qualifying certification is proof of training beyond entry-level with experience in deep diving and underwater navigation.
- Be certified as a PADI Enriched Air Diver or qualifying certification from another training organization. For this course, a qualifying certification is proof of training in nitrox diving with for the use of up to 40 per cent nitrox blends.
- Have a minimum of 30 logged dives
- A PADI Deep Diver or proof of at least 10 dives to 30 metres/100 feet
You will also need to have a Medical Statement signed by a physician within the last 12 months
Included in the course are Tec Deep Manual, cylinder, wing and backplate, regulator and specialized equipment hire, and certification. Other equipment hires, diving fees, transport, accommodation, and gas fees are not included.