PADI Tec Deep
PADI Tec Deep is a combination of Tec 40, 45, and 50 into one course. Certified divers are qualified to make multi-stop decompression dives that employ EANx and oxygen for accelerated decompression. They can dive to a maximum depth of 50 meters / 165 ft.
What You'll Learn
The PADI Tec Deep course is intended to extend the depth range of recreational divers already trained and qualified to use air and enriched air for non-decompression dives to 40m. You will:
- Plan and execute at least five Air / Eanx decompression dives using various blends
- Use decompression software to create custom dive tables and dive plans
- Make training dives as deep as 50 metres/165 feet
Equipment you'll use
- Double cylinders (minimum 12 litre/70 cubic feet each, with larger preferred) with isolator manifold
- Primary and secondary regulators, one with two-meter/seven-foot hose (approximately) for gas sharing, and one with SPG
- Stage/decompression cylinders with regulator, SPG, mounting hardware, and proper labelling/markings. Two per diver will be required
- Backup decompression cylinders as appropriate and required for the environment
- Wing and backplate – redundant buoyancy control is required (double bladder wing or dry suit if suitable for the weight of equipment worn)
- Depth gauge/computer and backup depth gauge/computer
- Timing device and backup timing device
- Decompression information (tables/Multigas computer) and backup decompression information
- Exposure suits appropriate for the environment and dive duration. (If you use a dry suit, you should be trained/experienced with its use in recreational and technical diving prior to using it for technical training or diving.)
- Argon dry suit inflation or other inflation systems as needed
- Weight system (if needed)
- Jon line (if needed for current diving environments)
- Inflatable signal tube
- Lift bag (bright yellow or per local community practise preferred)
- Dive knife/cutting device and backup slate, backup mask (optional)
- Compass, lights (optional)
- Drift kit (if drift decompressing)
Learning Materials You'll Need
The Tec Deep Diver Crew-Pack includes all required materials, including manual, deep stop calculation table, Tec Deep decal, and emergency procedures slate.
Topics covered include:
- Technical diving depth ranges
- Exposure planning
- Selecting a mix
- Argon inflation systems
- Handling three or four decompression cylinders
- Decompression models
- Emergency procedures
- Face masks and multi-gas computers.
- To purchase this product, contact your local PADI Instructor, dive shop or resort.
PADI Tec Deep Prerequisites:
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization and having proof of CPR and first aid training with the previous two years).
- Be certified as an Enriched Air Diver (or hold a qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have logged at least 100 dives
- Have a medical form signed by your physician.
- Certification is included in the course. Equipment hire, diving fees, transport, accommodation, and gas fees (including instructors) are not included.
Note Helium can be expensive so gas fees can be substantial. Contact the dive centre who will arrange a meeting at the dive centre to discuss your training needs if required.