PADI TEC TRIMIX
To venture outside the world of recreational diving requires training and equipment beyond the scope of that learned in recreational scuba diving courses. The PADI Tec Deep program is split into five courses which lead you from entry-level technical diving through to a no depth limits trimix certification. The level of certification you wish to obtain is governed solely by your requirements. The Tec Trimix course is a complete Trimix course training divers to make trimix decompression dives that employ nitrox and oxygen for accelerated decompression using any mix of trimix with no depth limitation. The course consists of self-study followed by nine open water dives conducted over 8 days.
To enroll in the PADI Tec Trimix you need to:
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or have a qualifying certification in diver rescue and accident management from another organization. Students who meet this through a qualifying non-PADI certification need to provide proof of CPR and first aid training within the previous two years
- Be certified as a PADI Tec 50 Diver or have a qualifying certification in deep decompression diving from another organization. Students who qualify through a qualifying certification other than PADI Tec Deep Diver must read the Tec Deep Diver manual and complete the knowledge reviews prior to beginning the course
- Have a minimum of 150 logged dives
- Have a medical form signed by your physician within the last 12 months
Included in the course are Tec Trimix Manual and certification. Tec Deep Manual (if required), equipment hire, diving fees, transport, accommodation, and gas fees (including instructors) are not included.
Note: Helium can be expensive so gas fees can be substantial.