PADI TEC TRIMIX GAS BLENDER
The Tec Gas Blender course teaches you to blend enriched air nitrox and helium-blend gases using one or more blending methods. Being the blender is a key job at a busy PADI Dive Center or Resort and your work allows other divers to do what they love to do – scuba dive.
If you’re a PADI Enriched Air Diver and are at least 18 years old, you can enroll in a Tec Gas Blender course.
Note that qualifying certifications from other diver training organizations may apply – ask your Tec Gas Blender Instructor.
The Tec Gas Blender course includes three practical application sessions, but no dives. During independent study and instructor-led review, you learn:
- About the advantages and disadvantages of different blending methodologies.
- To blend enriched air and trimix blends to within one percent of the target mix.
- About the potential hazards related to handling oxygen, and how to manage those risks.
- To demonstrate the steps for oxygen cleaning equipment, along with the requirements for oxygen service.
The Gas Blender course will train you as a qualified gas blender, allowing you to provide gas mixes to appropriately certified consumers. You'll learn the physical properties of oxygen, its associated hazards, handling requirements, and what cleaning equipment is necessary. Finally, you will learn the five methods of obtaining the desired enriched air nitrox mix and the various methods used to obtain proper helium mixes.
You must be:
- A PADI Enriched Air Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- At least 18 years old