Introducing a diver to the benefits of controlling his buoyancy usually has a great positive effect, an effect that will enhance the diver’s sense of enjoyment and feeling of accomplishment. This specialty is designed to increase the open water diver’s understanding of the factors that influence buoyancy, and to train the diver how to use the means available to him as methods for controlling his buoyancy.
The added benefits to the marine and freshwater environments, cannot be overstated; as well as a diver that has better control of himself in conjunction with his environment.
Who this course is for:
- The certified diver looking to improve and/or fine-tune their buoyancy to prevent damage to the underwater world.
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent
What you can expect to learn:
What’s in it for you:
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may engage in diving activities without direct supervision of the SDI Instructor* so long as the following limits are adhered to:
- The diving activities approximate those of training
- The areas of activities approximate those of training
- Environmental conditions approximate those of training
*Note: Junior divers (ages 10-14) must participate in advanced buoyancy diving activities with a parent, guardian, or dive professional.
The SDI Advanced Buoyancy Diver certification counts towards a single specialty rating to achieve the SDI Advanced Diver Development program.
- Complete all open water requirements efficiently
- Demonstrate sound buoyancy techniques
Book Now to become an SDI Advanced Buoyancy Diver!